Breaking News

Ask Slashdot: How Should I Replace My Netbook?

Ask Slashdot: How Should I Replace My Netbook?
Published on January 08, 2018 at 01:34PM
Long-time Slashdot reader Kevin108 needs to replace his netbook: I've used and loved my Eee 701 for many years. None of the diminutive ergonomics were ever an issue. But the low-res screen, 4 GB SSD, and 630 MHz Celeron are a useless combo for current web browsing and modern software. I'm now in the market for a new device in a similar form factor. I need a Windows device for my preferred photo editor and some other software I use for maps. It will often be used offline for writing and watching MKVs in VLC. I'm okay with a notebook or tablet and keyboard combo, but I've not found anything in a similar size with my feature requirements. Any suggestions? Leave your best thoughts and suggestions in the comments. What's the best way to replace a netbook?

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

No comments